Most Recent Courses
This independent study was prepared to inform nurses on the characteristics of children who suffer from Attention-Deficit / Hyperactivity Disorder. Attention-Deficit / Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) is a neurological condition that affects millions of children and adults in this country and worldw...
"Fibromyalgia: Myth vs. Mystery" is a home study continuing education course for health care professionals. This course discusses current aspects of Fibromyalgia Syndrome including diagnostic criteria, etiology, research findings and reputable treatment options. The purpose of this independent st...
When a patient/client presents with a confused mental status, the clinician's evaluation may ultimately affect the patient's mortality. Researchers have commented that nurses may be in a better position to notice mental status changes because of the amount of time they spend with the patient than...
A CE Course designed for health care professionals to better enable them to provide care and support in a variety of grief and loss situations. Included will be methods of coping with three distinctive phases: Anticipatory Grief, Acute Grief and Acceptable Grief. This course is designed to help y...
The State of Ohio was given authority to protect its citizens under the police powers vested in the state by the Constitution of the United States. The Law for Ohio is called the Ohio Revised Code consisting of over fifty volumes. The Ohio Board of Nursing was established and is governed by the O...
- New terms used for trainee doctors stump nurses and patients
- Mental health problems mistaken for physical illness in children
- Music as therapeutic intervention can relieve anxiety and depression in older people
- Eliminating maternal mortality in developing countries could extend women's life expectancy in reproductive ages
- Peer-to-peer aggression threatens patient care and outcomes
- Urgent care staff must be alert to atypical signs of life-threatening meningococcal septicaemia
- Nurse workload, education linked to patient survival following surgery
- Practice-based learning improves end of life care confidence in community nurses
- "It takes a village" - Community-based methods for improving maternal and newborn health
- Preterm babies' language skills better when exposed to adult speech
- Neonatal mortality rates an increasing trend in home birth
- Recommendations to make childbirth safer in Indonesia
- Pay linked to patient outcomes: China's reliance on lower-paid contract nurses may compromise patient care
- UK pancreatic cancer charity launches newly diagnosed patient pack
- Risk of future disability to child should "weigh heavily" in birthplace decisions, warn ethicists
- A close look at yeast evolution offered by new sequencing tools
- Recommendations to help prevent health-care-associated infections transmitted through clothing
- Patients with learning disabilities become 'invisible' in hospitals, says study
- Putting patients first: five global healthcare organizations sign Consensus Framework for Ethical Collaboration
- Infectious diarrhea germs stick to healthcare worker hands
- Unequal treatment in the US workplace reported by foreign-educated nurses
- Study shows maternal health program in India failing to deliver
- Critical-Care Pain Observation Tool validated for pain assessment in patients following cardiac surgery
- The impact of IOM report on nursing reforms assessed
- Positive effects in children after home visits by nurses, paraprofessionals